Chromium is a free and open-source browser project from which Google Chrome draws its source code. It’s a foundation for Chrome browser that’s constantly improved and enhanced by Google’s developers, but way lighter and faster. Chromium provides almost identical functionality and performance that Google Chrome does. However, there are some minor differences in features that differ these two browsers.
Features and Capabilities:
- Compatibility: the browser supports all Google Chrome extensions and themes. A user is allowed to install any kind of plug-in to extend the features of the browser;
- Customizable interface with a variety of available skins;
- Confidentiality: on the contrary to Google Chrome, Chromium doesn’t send the user’s personal information to Google;
- High speed surfing: Google Chrome, Comodo, Dragon, Flock, Sleipnir 3 are the basis of Chromium. Since it integrates with Webkit, it works with a high speed;
- Multi-language support;
- User-friendly and lightweight interface;
Chromium’s interface looks identical to Chrome’s. It’s got the same options as well as extension and theme support. But the notable feature of Chromium browser is its speed. Chromium features faster loading time than any typical browser, and consequently, users have way more pleasant web-browsing experience, which is of course a great advantage of this web browser project!